Our number one priority is the health and safety of our community. With the spring season and warmer weather around the corner, the New Market Community Park has always been a great place for outdoor activities and family gatherings.
During this Covid-19 pandemic, we had suspended the use of park equipment. We are lifting this ban, however the Town Staff cannot ensure continuous sanitation of the park equipment 24/7. Therefore if you utilize the equipment it is at your own risk. The Town encourages outdoor physical activity, and the use of the park area, but encourages the following:
1. Engage in activities that adhere to the social distancing requirement of 6 foot.
2. As of now the basketball/tennis courts are open, but we highly encourage all to adhere to the Governor’s Executive Order 63 of no more than 50 per group and social distance.
3. Refrain from social gathering of groups of 50 or more, if you had plans to use the pavilions for a gathering, please reschedule your event.
4. Take a bottle of water with you and refrain from using the water fountains.
5. Refrain from coming to the park if you are feeling ill.
We applaud everyone’s efforts to help keep the coronavirus from spreading by practicing hand washing, social distancing and no mass gatherings. We also applaud the community for coming together to help each other.
Stay safe, stay informed, and stay healthy!