In order to continue to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, Governor Northam has delayed local elections by two weeks from the original May 5 election date. The new date is Tuesday, May 19. See Governor Northam Executive Order 59 pertaining to local elections
Due to COVID-19, for the health and safety of the poll workers and citizens, we are highly encouraging voters to utilize the Absentee Voting.
Voters must complete the “Virginia Absentee Ballot Application Form”
Copies of this form can be found here.
Voters can also apply online by visiting https://vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation
- The reason code to enter is “2A-My disability or illnesses”. No supporting documentation is needed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you is Tuesday, May 12th, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- The last day to vote absentee in person is Saturday, May 16th from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., at the Voter Registrar Office.
- ALL ballots must be received in the Voter Registrar Office by 7 p.m. on May 19th .
- If you have already voted absentee you do not need to cast another ballot.
If you have any questions about the election process, please visit the Shenandoah County Voter Registrar website
Completed forms can be mailed to:
Shenandoah County Voter Registrar 600 N. Main St., Ste. 103
Woodstock, VA 22664
Faxed to 540.459.6196
E-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org