Zoning Permit

This is the most common permit issued by the Planning and Zoning Department.  This permit is required for any building and/or structure that is to be constructed, assembled, moved, enlarged structurally altered, placed or demolished.  Common examples are new houses, additions, decks, fences, storage buildings and driveways.  A zoning permit is also required when there is a change in use of the property, such as the property changing from a retail shop to a professional office.  If there is any question as to whether your project would require a permit or not, please contact the Town Office and someone will help you.

Zoning Permit Application

Sign Permit

This permit is required prior to the placement and/or construction of a any new signs.  While there are some exceptions, its better to check with the Town Office prior to ordering or placing signs on your property.  A full listing of regulations pertaining to signs can be found in Section 70-152 of the Zoning Ordinance.

Sign Permit Application


You may contact the Planning and Zoning Department, Monday – Friday, during regular business hours with any questions you may have.