The Town does offer heavy trash collection twice a year, once in April and then again in October. This service is designed to help accommodate the removal of items that are not considered household trash by the Town’s trash contractor.
- Heavy trash may only be set out during specified heavy trash weeks.
- Items must be placed curbside as crews will not go onto private property to make collections.
- This service is limited to our residential customers only.
- Brush and limbs must be tied in bundles no longer than 4′ in length.
- Please call the Town Office to report heavy trash has been placed curbside at your residence during heavy trash week, this helps during the collection process.
- Due to State laws governing the operation of the Shenandoah County Landfill, the Town is unable to remove old tires, refrigerators, freezers, lead acid batteries or hazardous materials such as pesticides, herbicides, paint, paint thinner, etc. If you have any of these items and want to get rid of them, please contact the Shenandoah County Landfill for more information at (540) 984-8573.
You may contact the Town Office, Monday – Friday, during regular business hours with questions regarding this service.