The Town of New Market provides seasonal (April – November) leaf and grass collection to all Town homeowners and residents. This service occurs every Friday throughout the collection season. Yard debris collected by the Town is taken to a composting site, thus saving valuable space and reducing costs at the County landfill. In 2016, a total of 1,323 bags of organic yard debris was diverted from the landfill.
- Leaves and grass must be placed in a paper or other biodegradable leaf and lawn bag. These bags may be purchased at local hardware stores. Leaves and grass placed in plastic bags will not be collected.
- The maximum weight of bagged yard debris, bundled sticks, branches or limbs must be less than 50 pounds.
- No household shall place more than 10 units (bags or bundles) per week.
- This service is for organic yard debris only. No plastic or non-biodegradable materials shall be combined.
- Sticks, limbs and branches, limited to 1″ in diameter or less, may be bundled in not more than 4′ lengths, nor weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Bagged organic debris or bundled sticks, limbs or branches shall be set out no earlier than the day before collection (Thursday, for Friday collection).
You may contact the Town Office, Monday – Friday, during regular business hours with questions regarding this service.